My dogs and grumpy cat

Friday, June 7, 2013

I'm going to tell you a little story today about my dogs, using grumpy cat to illustrate. How ironic. Anyway, I would much rather show some videos of my dogs in action, which would go viral in a day, but the videos always come out as a blurry mess.

I give my dogs hoof chews for a number of reasons. One, so that Mila - the staffie - does not chew up everything else in sight. And two, to prevent her from accidentally biting me when trying to attack the hairdryer while I blowdry my hair. This morning was such a case.

Mila - photo by Monique from Emet Photography 

But, as soon as I give Mila her hoof chew, she turns into a teen with a cellphone. I cannot do anything with her.

"Hey, Mila, would you like a tummy rub?"
 
So, I decide to blow her with my hairdryer to get attention. She doesn't even look up.
"Hey, Mila, wanna bark at the hairdryer?"


Eventually, I gave up. Now, let me tell you what an asshole Jethro - the Jack Russell - becomes when the hoof chews come out. Despite having his own hoof chew, he always, always wants the one in Mila's mouth. 

He will let go of his, take hers out of her mouth, and start chewing on it. When she tries to reach for the other one he let go of, he growls and barks at her, even though he already has one. 
What an asshole.
Jethro - the asshat. Photo by me

So, can you guess what reaction I got when I asked him if he would like to share?
No, just no.

7 comments:

Claudz said...

Lol
Jethro is an ass :)

Charlene Smith said...

A funny! LOVE this post XXX

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

Hahaha too funny!

B said...

hahaha this is hilarious. we cant have chews like that in our house because bijou is just like jethro, but it sounds like mila is much more tolerant than brussy is. we have had full on brawls over these things!

Meghan Silva said...

Haha this is such a cute post , my Jack russel is the same , no sharing and if you try to get her attention you get no response.

Meghan Silva's Blog

From Foothills to Fog said...

Mila is so cute! Her face looks similar to our dog, so sweet and cute! Louis gets excited like that when we bring out his rope toy, he LOVES it!

Jane said...

the cutest! :)

Theme created by PIXELZINE