I have been blessed!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hibiscus is one of my favourite plants on earth and before we  moved to the house and I paid attention to the garden, I have been wondering how I will implement this gorgeous plant into my garden.

And then on the day I got the house keys, I was given one last tour of the garden and actually noticed the hibiscus, right in front of our front door! I was ecstatic.

A bonus is, that the lady that lived in the house before us was somewhat of a horticulturist and she 'bred' this hybrid herself. Makes me appreciate it just so much more.


Aren't they stunning?

They will need a lot of work though, I need to trim it regularly so that the dominant colour doesn't take over and I need to cover it in winter, or it will die! I can't have this beauty fade, not on my watch!

5 comments:

Anna @ IHOD said...

WOW. Incredibly beautiful! They look like a sunset!
We are just starting to get some blooms in our yard:)

Valerie Griffin said...

lovely!

Bethany said...

Hibiscus is DEF my fave too. SO Jealous of you.. those are stunning!!

Daisy said...

wow those colors are beautiful!!
Lucky you to have such a beautiful plant in your garden.

Jenna said...

Beautiful, what luck! You'll have to point them out to me next time I'm over :)

xxx
Jenna

Theme created by PIXELZINE