Date Night

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Have you ever cried in a preview of a movie? I did. I have a weakness for animated movies from the Pixar/Disney stall and when I saw the preview for Brave, I wiped a tear or two. Yes, I know, it's bad.


But watching a preview could only mean one thing right? Yup. We went to the movies. Flip and I took a trip to the bioscope to watch Avengers. Not in 3D. Those cinemas were too far from home.

I thought it was a bit of a silly movie, more a boys type of do. I like watching girly girl stuff, sweet little chick flicks. I'm not saying that I didn't like the action-packed Avengers, I actually quite enjoyed it. And the funny thing is that I liked the serious parts the most. I thought the attempt at comedy was weak, and every time someone made a joke in the movie and the whole cinema burst out in laughter, I found myself rolling my eyes. 

Also, just to prove how much I normally avoid these type of movies, I have never watched any of the Avenger's predecessor movies. I might have seen clips here and there of Captain America, or Iron Man, that much is true. I live with a guy. The situation is unavoidable. 


I did find two things particularly staying, and I quote. Captain America said:

"There's only one God, ma'am, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that"

Striking, isn't it? To hear this in a Hollywood movie. 
It's my favourite quote int he whole movie!

And then the funniest quote?
Captain America gives everyone orders on what they must do to save the world. 
He turns to the Hulk and says:
"HULK! Smash"

Classic.

 I turned into a ghost. 


PS: Don't tell anyone this, but Flip and I both admitted to each other after the movie that we were farting the whole way through! HAHA! Luckily there weren't any people sitting close. But either the popcorn, or the popcorn spices makes us flatulent. 
PPS: Flip and I recently remembered that we have now been together two years and one month. Achievement unlocked.




7 comments:

Jenna said...

Fun! I love movie dates :) Jurgen saw Avengers when I was in Rwanda, so I still haven't seen it. Not really my type of move either, so I'm not too upset about it.

xxx
Jenna

Anna said...

Congrats on 2 years!

emily g. said...

omg. normally I read a few posts before deciding to follow a new blog, but you got me with the first one!

All my friends have raved about the avengers, but I haven't seen it yet, I'm not too much of an action/adventure person either..

anyway, love the blog! Looking forward to more lolz :)

dreaming en francais said...

Looks like the perfect date night! I love going to the movies with the boyfriend..... when we can agree on the film! Lately it doesn't happen often enough! xo

http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com

tara polly said...

so fun. adore your lovely blog! xo.

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha that's hilarious! Yup farting happens. Glad you guys found it normal. I know some people (read: women) who would rather die than pass gas in front of their boyfriend/husband. So ridiculous!

Anonymous said...

I love Disney/Pixar, too! 'Up' had me in tears so many times! And we are going to see Brave for my daughter's birthday party. I was secretly very happy when she chose that over Madagascar 3. ;o)

Theme created by PIXELZINE