My first time in Europe

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hey guys! I am back from Germany! Whoohoo.

Well, can I just say that I still HATE flying? It is the bane of my existence. And whoever said flying is fun probably flew first class everytime!

However, I was fortunate enough to have shared the airspace with a bunch of eccentric Germans, who just returned from a South African food safari. They booked aisles and aisles of seats, so that they could spread their legs and sleep, which the occasion called for.

I had two seats to myself and in between the fifteen winks I managed to get in, I watched Something Borrowed (very sweet, but I was angered at what happened), an episode of Glee, Midnight in Paris, which was also sweet but also enraging. I mean, when did it become so acceptable to cheat on people and be so  nonchalant about it? Maybe it's just how I feel about relationships. They are sacred to me and it enrages me when I hear how people deceive each other.

Meanwhile, the weather upon landing was dire! It was grey and wet, but the descent was amazing. I wish I could have taken pictures. The sunrise was gorgeous. It gave the sky a lick of bright orange horizon, which turned to a lovely light blue, almost chasing away the dark purple of the night. I felt like an astronaut, watching the sun rise over the earth from outer space. And yes, I had a window seat.

Oh, and as the cliche would have it, a lady who had been sitting about two rows in front of me actually bought a wooden giraffe in South Africa. Can you believe it? Next thing I did was to start looking for flip flops with socks. No such luck.

I though I would give you a sneak preview of the some of the amazing things I saw in this amazing country. I really have so much to tell. Coming up, next time...


4 comments:

Kristen Thornburg said...

Wow, that building is STUNNING!

Anonymous said...

Hate to disturb you. Is Thailand not in the Northern Hemisphere as well?

Megan said...

Hey Anon, you are not disturbing me at all!!!

I actually always thought that Thailand was in the southern hemisphere. Just shows you what I know. I think I will change the head to my first time in Europe...

Adrienne said...

Even though this is from [almost] a year ago, I jumped back to it because I'm going to Germany sometime in 2013 ! ! !

Hooray!

I shall have to go on and read all about it now :)

Theme created by PIXELZINE