Friday Fancies: Fashion that upsets me

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Today's Friday Fancies will not be about clothes or style I am yearning after, but something I detest.  This is a bit of a rant. And no, it's not about someone wearing a fur coat to a red carpet event, because let's face it, no matter how many times people throw red paint on that expensive jacket, the world will always be filled with assholes who kill and skin animals. So, even though it upsets me, I will not dedicate this post to that.

No, oh no. This is a bit of a bridezilla-moment for me, if you will. And I don't think there will be many brides in agreement with me here, because I see it everywhere, ev-er-y-where! And quite frankly, it makes me think that you really hate your friend, or you so scared that she will look so much hotter than you on your wedding day, so you put her in this extremely unpleasant, unflattering monstrosity. It makes me want to cry.

Just remember one thing ladies, this is your wedding photos and memories we are talking about, and if you want to look at your friend's saggy boobs for the rest of your life, and it is your fault, then so be it. But please, people, please reconsider the twisty convertible piece of nylon garbage you are putting your friends in. And sorry if your face appears in the next few photos, but I am trying to make my point.

I am probably writing out of fear here, that someone puts me in this someday. It's not fair to big chested girls to put them in a dress like this. Really, not fair.  Love your friend, and give them support.


Rant over.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, I'm getting one of these for my friends wedding, and I'm actually kinda excited :/ But hey, I could be the weird one. Luckily I like it (and the colour!) to actually wear again, but I guess thats just me.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I feel the SAME way! I let me my girls choose their own dresses because I wanted them to feel beautiful!

Unknown said...

I think styled in the right way these dresses could be quite nice. The trick is to choose a convertible style that suits your body as not everyone's bodies are the same and therefore not everyone will look great in all of these styles.

Mel
http://mels-corner.blogspot.com/

chantal marie said...

omg i TOTALLY agree! as a big chested girl i can whole-heartedly say how uncomfortable it is to wear a dress that doesn't fit properly/support on top. not cute.

lesley: the dream tree said...

totally agree! the worst i've seen is girls with big boobs in completely strapless dresses that they can hardly keep up. i feel so bad for them bc you know they are so uncomfortable!

Theme created by PIXELZINE