Three years.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Thirty six months. In weeks, that's 156.532. Or 1095.73 days. I can go further, but I think the numbers might start hurting my brain.

Three years. Flip and I have been together that long today. To me, it's seriously an eternity. After wining and dining me for a few weeks, sending messages, never leaving each others side and a couple of movies, we were lying on Flip's couch - probably watching a Will Ferrel movie - and he turned to me. We were going to have 'that' conversation. You know, the one where you officially become boyfriend and girlfriend, but his speech was a little different.


"Miss Wait," he said. "Van Wyngaardt and company has been considering this for months now and we have decided that a partnership with your company will be beneficial. We can see significant growth in shares and value through this alliance. Would you consider the offer?"

After my laughing cleared up, I answered in the same financial terms. We were officially boyfriend and girlfriend. Changed our statii on facebook and everything.

This has been three of the best years of my life, only a few of the days spent apart. I love you more and more everyday Flip van Wyngaardt and I cannot wait to be your wife. In four months and 28 days I will call you my husband and I will be the happiest girl for all eternity.

Thank you for pampering me, for looking out for me, for looking after me, for the late night drives to the pharmacy when I'm ill, the cooking of food when I don't want to - and when you don't want to - the takeaways, the adventures - the things we do over weekends, our silly jokes that we only we get, the fights - but then just hugging and kissing five minutes later. I love you with all my heart and all my being. Forever mine.

Happy Anniversary baby!

..........................................................................................................................
*Photo via Emet Photography
..........................................................................................................................

5 comments:

Johlet said...

Ahhhhhh GELUK!!! :)
http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/2013/05/insta-tuesday.html
xxx

Claudz said...

aaaaaaaaaaaah!! Baie geluk
Happy anniversary!!! Lovely pic

Sue said...

Happy anniversary! Hope you have an awesome day, with many, many more happy anniversaries to follow!! X

Fit With Flash said...

gah! cute! congrats : ) LOVE the story.

KandyKane said...

Happy anni :) :) ;)

If you like makeup and beauty, please check out my blog :)

www.kandykanelove.blogspot.com

Theme created by PIXELZINE