You see, Secret Santa, I am not the easiest person to buy for. I am incredibly fussy when it comes to other people spending money on me. Take for example my birthday three years ago, I broke down crying in a store because I didn't want my then-boyfriend, now-husband to spend R500 on a handbag. I thought it was absolutely ridiculous. (That handbag is still being used every single day.)
Not only am I fussy, I am allergic - to scents, to creams, to soaps. I have a terribly sensitive skin and when I try and use something I haven't used before, I get a rash, or go red, or get little white spots all over my skin. I am not kidding here. I wish I was. So those things are out.
But here are a few things that you could consider:
- I am a dog lover - well, animal lover in general. As a present, you could donate money or volunteer at a local shelter for a day. If you do the latter, please take pics and write a short post which I can share on my blog.
- I recently discovered that baking is a little bit more fun than I thought. I used to be big on baking, but lost that touch somewhere. Anything that would make baking even more fun could do. Perhaps a funky cookie cutter, or perhaps a baking recipe book. Or cookies. Everyone loves cookies!
- I am a writer, or rather scribbler, so a funky little notebook or stationery piece would make my heart sing.
- I am a sucker for sentiment, so anything sentimental will seriously pull at my heart strings.
- Or a new car. (totally just kidding)
- Lastly, cool tea towels, jewellery, trinkets, a camera bag, knick knacks, or perhaps even some plant seeds will do.
Picture from here