{Wedding} The reception music

Friday, November 8, 2013


I promised to do the reception music yesterday, but as luck would have it, I was passed out in bed in a codeine-filled stupor. Except for the one time I was awoken by my stupid Mila, who jumped from the bed when thunder started, to run outside to jump our fence. This is a whole new post in itself, but short story is that she can't get over our fence anymore and she was crying. So I had to get up, in my half drunk medicated state and fetch her. Stupid dog.

Anyway, here are the songs we chose for the reception. SPOILER ALERT! There is a tearjerker of a story right at the bottom, which you must, but must read!


Music for entering the reception - Quill - Bison



This was actually my original choice for my 'wedding march', but as I said in my last post that the song I eventually used just had me in tears. Flip suggested that we use this to enter the reception. It also has a beautiful message of writing your story and the path you will take in the light of God.



First dance songs


Okay, there were two, the traditional love song, which was Your Song by Elton John, covered by Ellie Goulding. It is just one of the most beautiful love songs on earth! We followed this up with Baby Tjoklits by Gerhard Steyn, an Afrikaans song, that has a backstory to it, so don't judge ;p



I'm just going to skip through the next few ones, because I want to get to important stuff. For our dad/daughter dance, my brother was supposed to play an acoustic version of Blackbird by the Beatles, but this didn't happen and he, who was also MC, forgot to announce the father/daughter dance. Just before the djays packed up, we asked them to play Butterfly Kisses. We danced halfway through then decided we are both overheating. The day was scorching!

For cutting the cake, we chose Overwhelmed by Tim McMorris, because it is just such a happy, happy song. One way or another by Blondie played when I threw the bouquet and Thunderstruck by ACDC played while Flip took off my garter. I nearly fell of the very flimsy chair.

The last song for the evening was Queen's Don't stop me now. Best.



However, there was one song that I didn't put on the list. And it's a little short story of its own, but I don't want to put my man on the spot here. I decided that I wanted to give a speech at our wedding, because I am woman, hear me roar. Jokes aside, I wanted to show Flip how much I loved him in the best way I could, written words. I was already beyond emotional by the time I finished my speech and then Flip's turn came.

He started by saying that he had never been good at giving speeches, as we all know, and he isn't a man of many words. As we all know. And even though he is not the type of guy who expresses his emotions, whether it be in public, or in private {and here Flip started getting teary eyed} he loves me more than anything on earth and the best way he knows how to show it, is through this song.

And then this started playing. And I sobbed, like a little baby.




A friend of mine said that every girl deserves a guy that looks at her the way he looks at me.
I am truly the luckiest girl on earth.

Pics: Kikitography

4 comments:

Sam said...

Awww, this is absolutely heartwarming, beautiful song choices and you looked so gorgeous Megan!

Chantelle said...

Aww I love the last photo collage - the looks you 2 are giving each other - you can see the little hearts coming out your eyes! :-)

Sue said...

Is beautiful, so beautiful! I also LOVE that song, know it exactly!

You look stunning, both of you and thank you for sharing your photos. It looks like the most amazing, happy, bright day ever.

Wishing you both a life time of happily-ever-afters.

Love Sue X

Spencer said...

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed reading your post! What a magical day it seemed to be! There's nothing like a wedding reception with heart and soul! I hope you got it all on video!

Theme created by PIXELZINE