Park Acoustics {my second, but not last, time}

Monday, July 29, 2013

Whoa! This Monday was off to a rough start. This morning, as we left home, Flip told me that it was 2 degrees! All I can think of is my poor dogs, who are so pampered and spoilt - I am big enough to admit that - and now sitting outside in the cold. I didn't even have time this morning to put on their jackets. I just hope that they are smart enough to find a nice sunny spot and move along with it as the day goes on.

And to think, only yesterday we were sitting in a warm winter sun, and it really felt like a summer's day - I have the sunburn to prove it.  Now, I'm sitting in a thick jacket and typing with half frozen stiff fingers. I am seriously longing for summer and its thunder showers today. And missing the wonderful heat from yesterday, when we attended Park Acoustics.

 I have no relation to this man, I just took a pic of him for his likeliness to Koos Kombuis
I told him I'm taking it because of his hair. He roared with laughter
my take on those 'from where I stand' pics

For those who aren't in the know, Park Acoustics is "a monthly outdoor live music concert that takes place in the unique venue that is Fort Schanskop, Pretoria," the website states. Fort Schanskop also forms part of the Voortrekker Monument.

The event, which takes place on the last Sunday of each month, "sees hundreds of people gather at the foot of Schanskop hill, ready to embark on the 5 minute bus trip to the top. Once inside the fort the atmosphere changes from inviting to intimate as great acoustics and friendly people greet you on your descent." Flip also met some friendly, ahem, people.



"If you arrive early, grab the best picnic spot which is under a large Umbrella Acacia tree up at the front of the stage." we didn't arrive early enough, so sat on the pavilion under the blue and red squares. It was hot!


"Park Acoustics concerts are cozy and relaxed, allowing the crowd to develop a personal connection with the talented musicians on stage. What makes Park Acoustics unique is the fact that you have a 360 degree view of Pretoria, Centurion and Johannesburg in the distance!

That's Pretoria aka my hometown

"We also boast the best sunsets in Pretoria, so do stay for that magical time of day when we all have sundowners on the hill. Park Acoustics is open for all ages and we encourage you to bring a group of friends and family and spend a day with us.  You are welcome to pack a picnic basket with delightful treats."


I couldn't have described it better myself. It really is such a treat to just chill with your friends, bottles of wine, the sun, good music and a crapload of weird hipsters. The occasional dancing, passing out, falling down stairs and general tipsiness cannot be excluded. 






Professional pics from Park Acoustics website

2 comments:

Johlet said...

Oooh ek wil dit nog eendag gaan experience!
Lyk na fun!
http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/
xxx

melindapollard said...

Looks like a fun day!! Love your ballet flats- so cute!

http://mylifebeingrenewed.blogspot.com/

Theme created by PIXELZINE