So the story begins

Friday, January 7, 2011

My boyfriend and I have been living together for a few months now and recently tried to buy a house. To our disappointment, followed by a mild depression from yours truly, the banks of South Africa would not grant us a loan. Bahambug on toast with jam!

But, luckily I had the festive season to recover from the mild sadness and search for some lovely, lovely places that we would call home next. I am happy to say that in three weeks we will be moving to a quaint complex on the border of Bedfordview and I am terribly excited to move!

The old yellow brick house were we lived will forever hold a special place in our hearts, as we had many debauch get togethers around the fire in the lapa. However, I can vouch that I will not miss the countless times that I have been thrown, clothes and all, into the swimming pool. Even in winter!

Getting to the point, I have been struck by a smooth criminal. Ha! Just had to put that in. But really, I have been bitten by the decorating bug, or am being haunted by my childhood decorating ghost, returning to once again haunt the drawers of my mind and inspiring me to be creative once more. I have thus started to focus my attention on an old drawer cabinet which I have inherited from a previous flatmate who moved to Namibia. The pictures will tell the rest of the story.

(PS: I am not wearing any make-up and the hair has had four days of unwashed hell, so I do not look at my most beautiful.)

No comments:

Theme created by PIXELZINE