Then Tragedy Struck

Monday, May 9, 2011

Tragedy! When the feelings gone and you can't go on it's Tragedy! When the morning cries and you don't know why, it's hard to bear! (Ha, despite the very depressing undertone of the lyrics of this song, I still find it very upbeat and cheery. Is that sick?)

Yesterday morning I woke up, excited to see the pictures from a party we had on Saturday. In short, grown men, and some tall men, were acting like four-year olds, which makes for a pretty fun photoshoot. And then they made a video or two, with silliness ensuing, and then guilt, which resulted in a delete or two by incompetent hands. And as I put the camera on yesterday morning, they were gone. All my photos were gone!  Even the ones I took in Umhlanga, so no more Travel Tuesdays on that topic :(

I cried, no sobbed, like a little baby that woke up and didn't know where it's mommy is. I sobbed like I sobbed a week ago when I discovered a stretch mark on my hip. I cried like someone who accidentally just struck a bird with her car (you don't do that? Okay, then it's only me.)

And to make matters just a tad worse, I had a mild headache from too much g&t the previous night and it was Mother's day, but I couldn't see my mom. She was feeling a bit under the weather and wanted to rest the whole day. Permitted. But I would have loved to share it with her. My brother on the other hand lives a stones throw away from them, literally, and surprised her with cheese scones and fudge. Lucky bas....

My mother is an amazing human being! She had me at 39, jumped out of a plane with me at 61, kissed bruises, scolded, taught, smiled, cried, laughed abundantly and cared for me/with me for the past 23 years. I love you mom! Thank you for everything you have ever done for me.

My Moer and I at graduation day

Happy Belated Mother's Day!

1 comment:

thobeka said...

that suuuuuucks about your photos - sorry man! your mom, on the other hand sounds kick ass :)

Theme created by PIXELZINE