The perks of being a wallflower...

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Not that I would know anything about being a wallflower. Fortunately/Unfortunately, I don't have a shy bone in my body {and I've said before I could start a conversation with a pillow - pillow talk. ha. lame joke of the year has been made}. Obnoxious? Perhaps. However, watching the movie "Perks of being a Wallflower", and seeing the other side of the coin gave me a little more insight into the life of an introvert, like Flip. Also, it meant date night! Heck yes.



 Okay, back to the movie. My Oscar nomination for the year! If I was the head of the Foreign Press Association, I would fire people if they didn't nominate it. The music was perfect, the great writing , and as a result great quotes and acting, and quirky characters {man, is Ezra Miller hot!} was just amazing and the different things everyone had to deal with, the lessons they learn - holy shit {as in the good kind}!

Everyone needs friends like these people. Everyone.


My favourite quote:
 I really wanna be a writer but I don't know what I'd write about. 
You can write about us.
Call it 'The Slut and the Falcon'. Make us solve crimes.

.........................................................

Also, a friend and I went to see Pitch Perfect not long after this. We both folded double with laughter, and albeit a bit predictable, I loved it. It made me miss varsity and the singing competitions we had; although we were never ever, as in ever, as good as these guys were - any of them. Oh, and Fat Amy {Rebel Wilson}, can I please adopt you and make you my sister? You are awesome!


And Anna Kendrick has fast become one of my other favourite actors.

There you go; my highly opinionated, highly biased movie reviews. Watch it, don't watch it. Put it in a pipe and smoke it.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

perks comes out on dvd feb 12th. I can't wait to buy it! I wanna see it sooooo bad! I am reading the book right now as we speak!

Hayley said...

Okay...just became a must see...Thanks :-)

Sam said...

Thanks for your kind comment, hope you were inspired by some of the gowns :) I need to get to the city asap to watch Perks of Being a Wallflower, I've read a few quotes and it sounds really interesting. Pitch Perfect seems like a really fun flick too!

Mrs FF said...

I haven't been to the movies in a while, but now I am seriously considering see this...

Katherine said...

I have wanted to see both of those movies for a long time! I am scared to see perks - I grew up reading the book and wonder if it will ruin it for me, you know?

<3 katherine
of corgis and cocktails

helen said...

hhahaha "I don't have a shy bone in my body"..you are a funny gal :)

we started watching perks of being a wallflower a couple of weeks ago but didn't get to finish it! now i really want to. i keep hearing amazing things!

and cheers to date night! you both look so cute together :)

Unknown said...

I have been DYING to see that wallflower and now I can't wait to see it!

Jessica said...

this movie was so wonderful! my brother and i went to see it. god, i love emma!!!

Theme created by PIXELZINE