Fitness goes up a notch!

Thursday, April 18, 2013

So Lady Luck pretty much loves me these days, so much so that we're going steady. 
She's totally smitten. 

Yesterday I was informed by one of the coolest blogs in South Africa, The Pretty Blog that I had won a whole month of bootcamping adventure from Adventure Bootcamp for Women
To put it elegantly, I was raving!



This is almost beyond perfect timing for me as we are approaching our colder months now, months in which I usually prefer to eat soup, drink red wine, move as little as possible, skip gym, watch movies, drink hot chocolate. . . you know, all those things that are counteractive to what a bride-to-be should be doing. 

But now, from the 22nd of April - MONDAY!, I will be gearing up - full steam ahead - to look like a princess on my wedding day by training extra dirty, while eating clean, of course. I'll even try and give a few updates on the progress I'm making. And if all goes great, I might even join the classes more permanently. {What am I saying! I'm probably going to chicken out!}


The ABC website states that by doing the bootcamp, I can expect results like 3-9cm decrease in the midsection; 2-6kg weight loss; 3-5% reduction in body fat; 25% increase in strength; 25% improvement in endurance; greatly improved posture and better relaxation.

 Those last two are extra important, because which bride-to-be wants to be stressed, and have bad posture? Not me.

Exercises include core conditioning, short distance running, muscular strength, jumping rope, circuit training, hiking, fitness kick boxing, Pilates, sports drills, obstacle courses and mat work that  targets specific areas that women need to work on. {You know, those niggling little areas on your tummy, on your thighs, maybe your back and definitely that little piece of flab on your arms}

 This four week outdoor fitness programme is definitely something I am looking forward to!


..........................................................................................................................
*All photos via Adventure Bootcamp
..........................................................................................................................


3 comments:

Johlet said...

Ooooh exciting! Ek wil baie graag bootcamp gaan doen, veral in die winter!!!
http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/

Sam said...

Congrats Megan, what a wonderful and useful prize to receive, I would love to attend something like this, it sounds intense but tons of fun to. Enjoy!

helen said...

so cool and legit! congratulations!!

Theme created by PIXELZINE