Moyo

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

On Saturday, my friend Idele and I decided to venture to Parkhurst for a sale at a shop that we will not mention here. We could not find what we were looking for and decided to find some edibles and a few drinks. One of my old favourites is the Zoo Lake Bowling Club, but after standing there for ten minutes and not even getting a glimpse from any of the waiters, we up and left for Moyo, which is just across the pond from the bowling club.

I would like to shout this piece out of utter excitement, but for the sake of keeping with my personal style rules, I will say it this way: What a fantastically fantastic place! This had been my first visit to the Moyo at Zoo Lake, partly because I never knew where it was situated, until I got lost on the way to the bowling club. Idele and I walked around for almost an hour gawking at the lovely African ornaments you can buy at the shop and then almost another hour just looking at the magical scenery of Moyo itself. It felt like I was almost back in a very modern Tanzania, but with an abundance in the Xhosa culture. The scenery was great, the food was yummy, the couches were oh-so-kick-your-shoes-off-and-relax and we even had our faces painted. Definitely a great place to hang out over weekends, or even have a bachelorette or wedding party!




(PS, on the day we were there Marie Claire had their Naked Issue celebration at the function venue and we tried to peer like little monkeys to see if we could spot famous people. They spotted us and we bolted. ha!)



5 comments:

Idele said...

Wow wat 'n lekker dag, and we had fun despite the overpriced food! die worsrolletjies het deurgekom vir die span!

A better Way to Health -Naturally! said...

Looks suuuper nice! I wanna go... :-)

thobeka said...

did you enjoy the food there?? went to the one at ushaka for my birthday and was dissappointed... maybe that one's different!

Megan said...

Hey Thobeka,

The food was delicious, but I must say a bit on the expensive side.

We only had boerierolls and it was above the R30 mark. Considering a boerieroll will cost you about R15 next to the road, I thought this was just a bit pricey.

Salt & Pepper said...

It's always a party at Moyo...

Theme created by PIXELZINE