A home away from home guest post

Friday, April 22, 2011

First up is the sweetest American expat Jenna. She has come to South Africa to study and found love. I really enjoy chatting with her about all her adventures in our country, but if you would like to know more, make sure to stop on her blog! She is a real treat!

Hi Second Floor Living readers!  It's Jenna here from A Home Away From Home filling in for Megan while she is away soaking up the sun in Durban.  I was so excited when Megan asked me to do a guest post for her while she was away since she happens to be one of my favorite ladies in the blogosphere and I always look forward to reading her posts on life, music and travel.
Since the sun has decided to virtually disappear from Johannesburg these past couple of weeks, Megan asked me to do a winter-inspired post.  I thought it would be a great opportunity to think about some of the things I actually look forward to during this time of the year.
Here's what I came up with!
Hot Chocolate Galore!
(via)
Oversized Sweaters
(via)
Boot Season (duh)
(via)
Indoor Forts (will never get too old for these :)
(via)
Finding a reading nook and getting lost in a good book
(via)
Homemade Gluhwein (compliments of the bf :)
(Recipe here)
Extra excuses to cuddle!
(via)
Leg Warmers
(via)
Oversized Scarves
(via)
Ample reason to lounge in your pajamas all day :)
(via)
Winter never looked so good!
What are your favorite things about winter?
Thanks so much again for having me Megan! Enjoy your trip in KZN and I can't wait to hear stories and see photos when you get back.
xoxo
Jenna

2 comments:

Jenni Austria Germany said...

that indoor fort looks incredible. i want to build one right now!

Megan said...

I know! I would love to build one and just live there for like a week! But pretty much everything Jenna mentioned looks so good! Makes me ready for winter.

Theme created by PIXELZINE