It's a dilemma

Thursday, April 14, 2011

A house is not a home without a puppy. I coined that. If anyone else ever thought of this phrase - great minds.

For the first time since my adventure as a second floor dweller in a complex, I am really sad about not having a puppy. I was reading a few posts this week where people had mentioned how their dogs fill their lives and how happy they are to have a four-legged companion. And this morning I read a news paper article about how residents at an old-age home have to give up their furry best friends because of complaints. Near broke my damn heart!

I have never not had a dog and I find apartment living to be depressing sometimes, because you get  days where you really just need a furry face to light up your day, or give you a lick or press their ice cold nose against your bare leg in winter. I miss having that. I'm sure there are a lot of people who feel exactly the same way.

I used to have this very aggressive little Jack Russel, named Jasper, and he wanted to play ball all day long, or press his snout against you, just to let you know that he is there. He was run over last year, and its still sad to think about his lovely excited face when he saw a ball. He would also say hello, or start crying like a baby when he couldn't come into the house.

What's not to love about these creatures?

But I know that I will have a house with a yard someday and that I will own a lot of pups! 

What are some of your best memories of your dogs?

Dogs are miracles with paws.  ~Attributed to Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy

No comments:

Theme created by PIXELZINE