Mpumalanga lovin'!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011


Hoedspruit, I love you!

My parents invited the beau and I to go to Hoedspruit, Mpumalanga for the weekend, as they had booked a six sleeper lodge at Ethukuleni Reserve. We had planned on leaving on Friday afternoon, after work and meet my parents there.

As luck would have it with my family, my parents’ car broke down early on Friday morning. They had left at ten o’clock and the engine seized just outside Witbank. Luckily, the insurance company helped them out quickly and we have some family members there who kept them busy until Flip and I could leave from work.

So eventually we picked them up, leaving their car in Witbank and drove through to Hoedspruit, What a nightmarish ride. It was dark, chilly and the GPS coordinates we had on a printout were wrong, so we were lost! And to top matters, there was absolutely no cell phone reception. Stuck, like a pig.

Meanwhile, I got some signal on my phone and googled the resort, which had the correct GPS coordinates and a better description of how to get to the place. The printout my parents received had some route that only a mathematician would be able to decipher.

We arrived there at one in the morning! And had our own little game drive on our way to the chalet. There were impala, blue wildebeest and other antelope right on our doorstep!

Exhausted, we unloaded our entire luggage, including a fruit basket filled with fruit, thanks to my eccentric mom, and went straight to bed.

And then we woke up to the most beautiful place I have seen! And the lovely smell of bushveld! I once again realised how much I really love it!





I would love to tell you about the rest of the weekend, but thought that I would rather do it in a series of posts that will feature every Tuesday, ie Travel Tuesday, because we visited so many sites and saw so many things that it would be unfair to load it all on you today! So expect the first post tomorrow.

Hope you had a lovely weekend and that your week ahead is better than mine! I woke up this morning with swollen glands, and the feeling that some unseen force is trying to pull my throat through my ear.

No comments:

Theme created by PIXELZINE