Mariepskop

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

After waking up at 6 on Saturday morning, I had so much energy and wanted to explore the gorgeous surrounds, but everybody else was still pretty much asleep and tired after the previous evening's misadventures!

But soon after we had a nice English breakfast and were on our way to see what we could see. We found Mariepskop. My mom described it as "the most beautiful place I have ever seen and probably the most beautiful place in South Africa." I just nodded. I did however describe it as being so close to heaven that you could touch the angels. Corny right?! Hahaha. But it was really a sight to see and I felt as though we were in the Cape and not in Limpopo/Mpumalanga. Here are some photos from our adventure.

On the way


Herding some cows

The road was blocked several times by some cattle. I got out and played little herder. Ha!

2 comments:

Sam said...

Such beautiful pics of the MP Province. It is a real hidden South African treasure!

Sam
Frills and Thrills

Linnea said...

Wow, it looks like you are doing some amazing traveling! I loved reading your 'about' section on the blog! I've always wanted to visit South Africa... especially after seeing it on The Bachelor this year :o)

Theme created by PIXELZINE