Gethlane lodge

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

This weekend Flip and I, along with his parents, went away. My brother has timeshare at this place, but he had to do something else this weekend, and had to sell it eventually.
We arrived there quite late on Friday evening, but when we got out of the car, the first thing we smelled was the bushveld! Aaah, life! Being South African there is absolutely nothing I love more than the bushveld, and I can vouch that most Saffas adore the bushveld just as much.

The lodge is a place where you should prepare to do nothing. It is one of those weekends were you go to relax, Jacuzzi, swim, play putt putt, eat and sleep. It was just bliss.I think I am going to let the pictures do the talking of our weekend!
Our humble abode


These guys were chilling on the swimming pool.  A bit lost chaps?

Early morning Flip










"There's a Zebra on my stoep"


This was pretty much the extent of wildlife we saw. 
Thrilling

5 comments:

Kelli DeGrazier said...

this looks WONDERFUL!

Samantha Green said...

looks like a beautiful and relaxing weekend :) xx

Melissa said...

That looks amazing! I would love to be that close to a zebra!

Karina Marie Powell said...

you two are so darling!! xoxo
http://aaronkarina.blogspot.com

Teri said...

THanks for your lovely article on your trip to Gethlane Lodge. I hope you don't mind me sharing it on the Gethlane Lodge Facebook page.

Kind regards
Teri
Public Relations
First Resorts.

Theme created by PIXELZINE