Phuza Thursday: It's a hot one!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Brrrrr! Ohmywhiskers! Johannesburg sure is freezing its tooshy off this morning!

My beau is on a business trip, driving down to Durban and as he passed the Gauteng border he phoned me. "It's -4 degrees!" he says. I cringe.

So today's Phuza Thursday will be one for the Saffas, a nice hot drink! I found the recipe here.

Hot Chocolate!



You will need:

2 teaspoons cornstarch
4 cups milk, divided
2 (3.5-oz.) dark chocolate bars (at least 70% cacao), chopped
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt

and then

1. Whisk together cornstarch and 1/2 cup milk until smooth.
2. Cook remaining 3 1/2 cups milk in a large saucepan over medium heat until bubbles appear around edge of saucepan (about 4 minutes; do not boil). Whisk in chocolate, honey, vanilla extract, and salt until blended and smooth. Whisk in cornstarch mixture.
3. Bring milk mixture to a light boil, whisking frequently (about 4 minutes). Remove from heat. Let cool slightly. (Mixture will thicken as it cools.) Serve immediately with Marshmallow Whipped Cream, if desired.

This will make about 4 cups of steaming hot bliss! Enjoy!

On a sidenote, I though I would share something funny with you. This morning, as I was getting ready for work, I remembered that some of my clothes were rolling around in the tumble dryer. I found a pair of warm, fluffy tights in the bundle and as I put it on I shouted "This is effing legit!"

I have no idea who I was shouting it out for. I was alone at home.

5 comments:

Tracy Hancock said...

You think if I poured this on my car's engine it would bring her back to life? Lol

Congrats on 50 followers hun!!! So proud of you. Great job :)

Jenna said...

OM Goodness it has been freezing this week - this California girl is not built for this weather! This weekend I'm going to woolies and stockpiling scarves, gloves, tights and anything else relating to warmth!

xoxo
Jenna

I am Megan said...

You can never go wrong with stocking up on warm and snuggly clothes!

Luckily my mom went to London last year and bought me heck load of scarves! I think I'll survive this winter, even if it's in last year's fashion, haha!

Taryn said...

Hmmm you're making me want some hot chocolate in a freeeeezzziiing cold Cape Town!! Will definitely be making that later!

xxx
Taryn

BenchesandChandeliers said...

*gasp* that makes me wish for colder weathers right now!

www.benchesandchandeliers.com

Theme created by PIXELZINE