Phuza Thursday: Oh happy day!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

This is happy happy Thursday for me. Not only is it Youth Day (yoof day) in South Africa, which means I get the whole entire day to myself, but it is also the 100th post of this here little hooha blog.

This morning was brilliant! I got to spend the whole morning in bed, which we dragged to the living room, in front of the tv. I loooove watching tv before actually getting up and getting ready for the day. It has contributed to the number of grey hairs my dear mom has these days. And right now, we are heading out to Pretoria, to have a great braai with my famy. I need sunshine. I don't need wind. Or cold. But there will be none of that.

To celebrate my 100th post, I thought of a drink that was crazy quilts crazy and remembered that a few years ago at my 21st birthday, my friends had a few of these nutty-as-a-fruitcake drinks round up for me. Even the name sounds dangerous. Ladies and gentleman, let me introduce to you ---

The Flaming Lamborghini

You will need
  • 1 shot Kahlua coffee liqueur
  • 1 shot Sambuca
  • 1 shot Blue Curacao liqueur
  • 1 shot Bailey’s Irish cream
  • a straw
  • matches or a lighter
Pour the Sambuca and Kahlua into a cocktail glass. Pour the baileys and blue curacao into two separate shot glasses either side of the cocktail glass. Light the mixture in the cocktail glass and start to drink through a straw (drink fast as the straw will melt). As the bottom of the glass is reached put out the fire by pouring the baileys and blue curacao into the cocktail glass and keep drinking till it’s all gone.



I found the recipe here. The guy says that you shouldn't use a cool glass as it might shatter or crack. Also, make this drink at night time, the special effects will be just soooo much cooler. and please be careful, I won't take any responsibility for injuries sustained.

------------------------------------------------------------

Now, for an even cooler part. I was so inspired by Michelle's link up party on Tuesday that I decided to make today's Phuza Thursday a link up as well. Yay! I know there are a lot of this type of posts out there, but none of them has a word that sounds so deliciously sinful as Phuza.

Basically, you should create a Phuza Thursday post, in which you write about your favourite drinks. Remember, it doesn't have to be alcoholic, it could be anything you like to drink.

Grab this picture button and link up below.







I have no idea how to create a button, and it will take me hella long to figure it out, and the day awaits. Hope to see a lot of faces on here!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

I LOVE flaming lamborginis, but they are lethal! I once bought three for me and two others as per the bartenders request only to find out that the bill totalled over R200! Probably much easier on the wallet to make them youself :)

xoxo
Jenna
ps Congrats on 100 posts! - You are lightyears ahead of me!

Raquel said...

Wow i've never had one of these, but it looks so cool!
Oh, and thanks for stopping by my blog! If you still want to email me, i added an email me button to my blog :)
xoxo

Taryn said...

haha I remember we were in the Transkei a couple of years ago at a backpackers and we all decided to try these after a way to many shots and my boyf landed up with such badley burnt lips - not so hilarious the next day but they are great fun!

xoxo
Taryn

Theme created by PIXELZINE