An award? For me? Oh, you shouldn't have

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I skipped yesterday's Travel Tuesday post, and already it feels like I have taken a week long break from my blog.
Sorry blog. I am here now. You can stop crying now.

Anyhoo, I have been flattered by sweet Jenna with an award. A versatile award. According to the Oxford Dictionary this means that I, in my capacity as blogger, am able to adapt or be adapted to many different functions or activities. I take it as a compliment. The award dictates that I list 5 random facts about myself, and then pass the award on to 5 other blogs that I love. So I chose: Raquel, Gentri, Haley, Tracy & finally Ashley.

Fact numero uno:


I am still unsure to this day on how I managed to graduate. My number one pet peeve on earth is studying.
I didn't open a book during any of my exams at varsity, nor at school.
But I still made good grades.
I'm wondering.
If I actually studied, would I have graduated Magna Cum Laude?

Fact numero dos:

I can't speak Spanish. Goolge Translate, on the other hand, is a pro.
I will speak it someday though. It's on my bucket list.

Fact numero tres:

My all time favourite song is Colourblind by the Counting Crows. I have listened to that song a total of 46 times according to my iTunes, but I've played it way more than that.
The most listened to song is Empty by Ray La Montagne at 163 counts. I have deleted the previous records though, it would have been something like 400 by now.
This is followed by Cosmic Love by Florence & The Machine at 159 counts and then same band's Heavy in your arms at 144. Other top songs up there is Skinny Love by Bon Iver and pretty much anything by Mumford & Sons.
So the real fact is: I love music.
Any and every type. Except R'nB.
My favourite genres are Indie, Folk, Electronica and Alternative.
All mixed together - I would probably never stop listening to that song.
This was a long fact.

Fact numero cuatro:

I went to the gym yesterday, for the first time in well, probably ever.
I have bouts of gymming, when the mood strikes. And the mood rarely ever strikes.
But I did:
 72 squats,
40 of those thigh shaping machine presses things,
a 30 min run at an average of 12 km/h,
yoga
& some arm toning things.
The fact is that today, I am not sore, no. I can't walk.
My legs are jellified. I think they might take a while to recover. But I will still gym, because the mood has struck.

Fact el numero cenco:

If I have children someday, I would like to name my little girl Ava and my boy Marcus.

That's it!

Oh, and one last thing:
Did you know that Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow a duck is watching you?

4 comments:

Raquel said...

Aww thanks for the award! :)

Gentri said...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :D I am so honored!! I literally laughed out loud at the duck- phobia. And we are total music twins!! I love all of those bands and hate r&b!! :D

Jenna said...

Oh man - I can feel you on not being able to walk, I did boot camp last week and for three days I was useless!

Too funny about the duck phobia!

xoxo
Jenna

Sabrina Says Blog said...

We are destined to be friends based solely on music! We should take a long road trip and listen to great tunes :) glad i found your blog!

Sabrina Says

Theme created by PIXELZINE